Sunday, September 20, 2009

Panic Mode

I hit panic mode last Monday, because I realized that I have a little over 3 weeks to get my analysis done and a poster designed and printed for October. So I've been staying late in lab pretty much every night since (I took one night off because I was completely exhausted, but still). I'm fairly certain I'll be able to get it done (I really don't have a choice....), but I'm really hoping my analysis works the first time I run it. (Yes, I know that's an unrealistic goal. I've planned for it to not work. Stop laughing at me.)

Anyhow. I'm at work now, supposedly getting some of my analysis done. I made decent progress yesterday, before I accidentally napped for four hours. Have done decently today. I'm hoping to get through 3 more files by the end of the day, and possibly work on a different section of the project tonight. My timeline is doable, I think.

Re: field work -- not gonna happen. Bugger. Maybe she'll still want to take me next year? Or I'll be able to go for a few weeks in the spring? Labmate S. flew to his field site yesterday for three weeks - lucky him. Hope it goes well. Labmates K. and J. aren't going anywhere anytime soon, though. I'm sort of afraid I'm coming off as a bad person to my new labmate, because I tend to vent to anyone who's around and she's been around a lot. Which is a problem, because I really like her and I'd like to not come off as a bitch. I'll have to work on changing that.

What does one do about a particularly irritating coworker, though? Sharing an office with this person is grating on my nerves (and probably the other officemates' nerves as well), because they doesn't seem to care about anyone else's comfort and makes comments that (intentionally or not) insult people. And then has the nerve to ask for help and snap when they don't understand. Previous dicussions about certain issues (ie bugs in the office) have not helped and only brought on snarky comments. I am about at the end of my rope with this person, and I'd rather it not come down to a screaming match. If you have any suggestions, toss them my way.

Alright. 3 files to go today, then reading up on windows and pulse rates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment