Monday, September 14, 2009

I should be working

My time management this month is a mess. I'm desperately behind on the analysis for my conference in October, and not sure as to whether or not I'm leaving the country for fieldwork this month (I was supposed to go Aug. 31, and we're still waiting on a permit....).

That said, I came in to work yesterday to get stuff done only to find that I've been locked out of my lab computer. Apparently, because I got an external fellowship and my lab doesn't have to pay me anymore, they don't want to provide me with a computer. Or any warning about needing to back up my stuff before they lock me out. Great, guys. Thanks. That really helps.

It'll get straightened out in the next week or so, but I've already had to re-do a part of a homework assignment that is on my desktop, and I'm not sure what other updated files are on there that I might want. For instance, some of my noise filters that I wrote in June, which I need for the thing due in October. oi.

As far as Advisor's fieldwork goes... it may not. If we don't get a permit today or tomorrow, I'm not sure there's any point in going. We'll see what she thinks, but at this point, I'm kind of accepting that I'm stuck in PA until time for this conference (which may actually be a good thing, seeing how behind I am). We'll see.... it would've been nice to see ocean, though. And whales. oh well.

aaaand back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment