Sunday, August 16, 2009

So. First post from my new apartment. Whoo! I'm essentially done moving out of the other place, just have to hand in keys and parking passes tomorrow morning. Why is it that every roommate that I've ever lived with has left me to clean up their mess? With the possible exception of Caitlin, who at least cleaned her area in the house we had senior year, I've apparently lived with complete slobs. I'm left wondering whether the latest one actually didn't know how to clean, or maliciously left me with his mess. But - now, whenever there is a mess I have to clean, at least it is MY mess. :)

In science news, this article struck very close to my heart. Ocean acidification is a big issue related to the increase in CO2 in our atmosphere, that no one really seems to be worried about. It will impact every species in the ocean that a) uses CaCO3 (calcium carbonate) for shells (i.e. all shellfish & pteropods, corals, etc) or b) has systems that equalize body PH with the ocean. The fisheries and food webs that depend on these organisms are at risk, as well. Something to keep in mind when you consider climate change. It doesn't just affect humans.

Work progress: Let's not talk about this. Next deadline: Friday.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment