Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New semester: day 3

The undergrads are back on campus. Have been for a few days, actually, but I tried to avoid noticing until I absolutely had to. It's not bad, just....different. Much more active and fast paced than this summer was.

I hadn't actually intended to take classes this fall, but I ended up signing up for a few last week. I may still have to drop one or two if I end up going on fieldwork with Advisor, but that's still tbd. One of my courses is an upper level undergrad class, and I spoke to the professor about leaving for 3 weeks in the middle of the semester, and he was very understanding - nice to know that some people actually think about these things. :)

Lab stuff is going well... Advisor has projects and labmate K. and new labmate J. to entertain her for a week or so while I frantically try to get my projects in order. Though, braindead as I am I left an essential piece of paper at work yesterday and can't be productive from home this morning as I planned. (Dentist appointments or anything else off campus in the middle of the morning throw off everything. ugh.)

My apartment is almost decorated... I have two or three pictures left to hang, and my new kitchen floor is getting put in on Monday.

No science news today...more political. Senator Edward Kennedy died last night or this morning. I know he had all sorts of admirable views and got important laws passed, but all I can think of is his stance and influence in the Cape Wind Farm issue off Cape Cod. I don't know if I'd support the wind farm myself, as I haven't had a chance to read all of the reports, but Kennedy's NIMBY stance on it grates on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment