Friday, January 29, 2010

Ouch.

I did a talk today. A practice, for when I have my committee meeting & almost-last exam next month. Let's just leave our discussion of the results as: unpleasant. Also, Advisor apparently hadn't picked up on how nervous/stressed/whatever it is I am about this, and was teasing and finally (after my talk) figured out that that was a bad idea and decided I needed a pep talk.... which didn't really work, because I was waiting to get some time on my own so I could break down & cry.

oiiii. I blame this on being stressed because I spent almost the entire last 2 weeks working up a formal proposal, which is now on my committee's desks, and not really de-stressing at all. I got the same amount of sleep, because that is one of the things I don't compromise on, but my other leisure activities took the hit. Doesn't help that I'm also doing hw for classes. Oh well.

On the plus side of today, I finally heard back from collaborators on two seperate projects, both with positive responses. One was from the maybe-scooping-me group, which I've been twitchy about for the last couple years.... so we'll see about them. But. probably a neutral day if I really have to think about it. Two middlingly big pluses, one gigantic minus that was a practice for something I can now improve.... everyone needs a good soul-crushing now and again, right? Or maybe I'm just playing this up because I've actually really enjoyed grad school so far & hadn't had a really bad day in a while.... meh. It's friday, and I'm going to go to bed early, sleep late, and take it from there tomorrow.

Also, I've relapsed into thinking about adopting a cat. There's one at my local shelter with ghost-eyes (one green, one bluish), who has a great face and looks HUGE in the pictures. We'll see. Anyone have suggestions about cats?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I wandered over here via Karina @ aspiring ecologist... I've got a couple of questions for you I'd like to ask via email....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I tried to post this yesterday, but apparently it didn't go through. You can reach me at draconox87 [at] gmail [dot] com. :)

    ReplyDelete