Friday, January 15, 2010

Good start to the semester

Met with Advisor today to discuss what I did over the break [read: did last week while Advisor was out of town] and my plans for this semester, etc. It actually went well, much to my surprise. I had some really nice results to present, and a re-done outline of my research plans. So now I'm re-energized about that side project and motivated by looming deadlines to get mine done. Woo!

Also found out that I'm a) getting scooped OR b) planned into a project that I've been talking to people about, but wasn't aware there was any formal planning for.... so I'm talking to my contact on that project again this week to figure out what's going on. Kind of a charlie brown/football moment, though... things like this are the reason I have that cartoon near my work area. Oi.

I'm taking three classes this semester, along with taking a fairly major exam.... Advisor was advocating adding another class (or auditing), and helping with the undergrad minions we've hired, plus potential fieldwork. Situation normal, uber-busy but happy.

:)

How's everyone else's semester going? Any fun things to report?

No comments:

Post a Comment