Thursday, May 20, 2010

That time again

I have the charlie-brown-missing-the-football cartoon posted on my desk at work. It's there to remind me not to get too comfortable with what I'm doing, because my target will inevitably be moved, at least occasionally. For instance: my first field season flopped, my practice talk got mauled before my comps, etc.

I'm choosing to think of today as the cb/football moment for the summer (or the spring, can't quite make up my mind if I want to be pessimistic about it yet). Oi. Had meeting with Advisor today, to go over our publication and my thesis, and came out of it feeling like my entire last week was wasted. and knowing that I'm not moving fast enough to suit her. Dammit. So I'm taking tonight to recover from the ego-crush, and then will get back into things tomorrow. Eff.

Also not helping is the fact that I keep fighting with my labmate. I just need to remind myself that she will be gone come fall. Thank goodness.

Need a way to cheer up tonight....alright. off to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment